Thursday, August 4, 2011

A week in review...

These past 10 days or so have been very busy in the Chapman household. But that good kinda busy, thankfully.

After Addison was released from the hospital on July 22nd, we had a pretty sleepy baby on our hands. I took advantage of that fact, plus having my mom here for a few extra days and cleaned out closets and dresser drawers! The fun and exciting times of a stay at home mom! But man, does my closet look better!

Grayson and Jackson both had swim lessons last week. They both are fish! We are looking at getting Grayson into swim team in the Fall.  Jack was very pleased with himself for flipping over in the water.

Speaking of fish, Addie in a cute onesie that she's quickly outgrowing.

Two of my nephews, Dalton and Chase, came in to town for a few days, splitting their time between our house and Melissa's. Grayson and Jackson both love having Dalton & Chase here... especially the video game playing that often comes with them. My middle sister came in on Wednesday and stayed long enough to get Addie to fall asleep in her arms before she had to leave to do some school shopping. She swapped her youngest son Jared, who is Grayson's age, for D&C. Grayson and Jared had a fun overnight visit at his aunt's house.

Friday, one week out of hospital, we took an impromptu trip to my parent's house for the evening. Rumor had it my mother was frying chicken and that's a hard thing to resist. Adam was working late that night and then opening the next morning so us not being home was an ok thing. We *TRY* our best to be home whenever Adam is home, since he's home so little.

We drove back in Saturday, dropping Grayson off at the movies with his Dad, step mom and sister. He had an overnight playdate with them and returned on Sunday, in time to have some time with Adam on his one day off in 9 days!

Monday morning, my neice, Raychel, arrived (via Melissa) in time to accompany Addison and I to her MRI appointment. The fast acquistion MRI is such an awesome thing. No sedation, just swaddling and a paci and Addie was in and out in 5 minutes. I took advantage of being at a radiology center and got my chest x-ray done... that I had not been able to do while pregnant. Thankfully it was clear. My cough, that I started in January, is slowly getting better. Mainly because of a new medicine that I wasn't able to take while pregnant.

Tuesday, we hung out at home with my neice. Thank goodness for Netflix! Raychel and I took Addie to Target for the first time!

Raych and Addie in front of Target.

Wednesday, we had the follow up with Addie's neurosurgeon and got fabulous news. That morning as I was getting ready, my glasses snapped in two. I drove to the neurosurgeon's office with duct tape holding them together and left them in the car. I am thankfully not that blind but it was still disconcerting being without them. I kept joking with the nurse about not being able to hear. She pretty much thought I was crazy but it's true! Apparently I read lips more than I realized.

My neice informed Addie's neurosurgeon that we had named Addie's shunt. He asked what? And I informed him Liza. After his puzzled look, I started singing "There's a hole in the bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza!" He was amused. Guess you have to be part of our family to think it's really funny.

After her appointment, we headed home, picked up my sister and the boys and headed to lunch. Addie's first restaurant adventure. She was really good, all things considered. Took a bottle and I held her most of the time. Thankfully I had inadvertently ordered finger food and was able to eat while holding her. Most people don't notice her hydro, or else people are much better at hiding their reactions than I expected them to be. I'm guessing part of it is that she's just a big baby. She weighed nearly 15 lbs at the doctor's yesterday. That's 3 lbs gained since her pre-op assessment on July 19th!! I'm assuming part of her weight gain is fluid built back up in her head.

I got my new glasses, one month before our vision plan kicks in... That's life. And Addie had her first visit to Victoria's Secret. A quick stop at the shoe store for Grayson and Jackson new shoes for school and we were done. Thankfully. It was only 105 degrees outside. I'm very thankful that we don't have to have days like that often. While it was fun, I worried about having Addie out in public so much and in and out of the heat. She handled it like a trooper though!

Raychel providing visual clues to our activity of shopping.
Today we had ECI come and  after some discussion, I ordered some light toys for Addie off Amazon to help motivate her during tummy time. Operation: Head Control is commencing! She was doing great with her head control before her surgery and has regressed some with the increase in head size. But we can work on neck muscle strength. Can't work on damaged brain tissue as easily.

Before ECI arrived, Addie gave my neice the BIGGEST grin I've seen out of her yet. It was awesome. I'm gonna catch one on camera someday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment